Senior Construction Estimator
Base + Performance Bonus
Well established, team orientated, California & Nevada specialty construction company is now seeking a Superstar Construction Executive to excel in the role of Senior Construction Estimator for our Bay Area location (“Senior Construction Estimator”).
We are a fast growing, strategic, industry leader that is committed to our team members success. The Senior Construction Estimator will manage all aspects of our construction divisions estimating activities and work closely with our Project Managers to ensure accuracy and efficiency are met on all company construction projects. The right candidate for this position will understand the value of, and seek to optimize, all aspects of the estimating and bid process while carefully and pragmatically producing data that can be relied upon with only the slightest variance in error.
This is an ideal position for someone who has a mastery in repair and replacement estimating for multi-family capital expenditure projects. The person we seek should consider themselves an expert in recognizing and developing an all-inclusive scope of repair that conforms with local municipality permitting requirements such as; dry rot repair, balcony rebuilds, walkaway waterproofing, windows, flashing, roofing, specialty cladding, and siding / stucco trims. The overall goal of the Senior Construction Estimator is to exceed the gross margin expectations we as a company strive to achieve on each projects while maintaining the highest level of quality and service the industry has come to expect from our brand.
An important peripheral aspect of the position is having the intuitive ability to effectively navigate and resourcefully understand difficult, and sometimes confusing, pre-existing construction repair situation. At which time, you are able to find the best course forward with simplicity, practicality, and most importantly – budget in mind. The Senior Construction Estimator will support multiple other facets within the business in general and help ensure that communication within the construction aspect of the organization is fluid.
The Senior Construction Estimator will also:
- Manage all aspects of construction project estimates.
- Complete construction take-offs which will include; walking properties, identifying and cataloguing required / needed repairs, and will be in charge of creating the scope of work for each project.
- Create an accurate budget of time and material costs for each project that result in micro variances by the end of each project.
- Develop a repair scope of work that aligns with city or county permitting requirements in order to assist in completing such permitting processes.
- Assist Project Managers in creating project schedules to help promote craft and skilled trade production efficiencies.
**Note: We are looking for someone willing and able to grow with the company and understands the value of and how to create and leverage systems, processes, and procedures with the desired result of building organizational redundancy as we expand. Your success in this position will result in your rapid growth within the company’s organizational structure. Your success = company / organizational success = professional growth.
- Your attitude will determine your altitude! We are looking for someone that radiates with positivity, motivation, detail, who is self-directed and has a ‘can-do’ / ‘how-to’ personality.
- 3-5 years Construction estimating / management experience required. Preferably in repair and replace types of projects. Multi-family A+, light commercial A+, Residential A+
- Proficient with Technology, most importantly Excel, MS Office, CRM, Email, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent preferred.
- Proven / Demonstratable work history in construction estimating.
- Base Salary + Generous Performance Based Bonus
- Company Provide Vehicle and Gas Card
- Company Plans for; Health, Dental, Vision
- Generous Quantity of Paid Vacation
- 401K Company Match
- Technology Allowance / Laptop
- Amazing Culture! Growth Opportunity!